Today’s Friday Favorites is a special edition – a round-up of some of the best finds from May! Hope you find some fun & inspiration in this list as you head into the weekend…
- This month, I’ve been a bit pressed for time so I’ve mostly been doing shorter Peloton workouts – and these workouts were great since they were both quick & effective: Robin Arzon’s upper body strength & Tunde’s Tabata Ride. (And I’m still loving this bike seat I recently added for comfort!)
- I recently picked up some summer clothes for our growing little guy, and we got him these Old Navy toddler water shoes for the second year in a row because we like them so much. They’re really handy when he plays with water in the yard, or for going to the pool or beach. I also really like these quick dry toddler shorts. Super lightweight and quick to dry – so we use these a ton, especially for playing outside.
- I recently wore heels for the first time in maybe a year, and these Foot Petals saved me! I have a pair of heels that are so cute but I tend to slide forward in and needed something to help me stay in place walking around during our anniversary date – and these worked beautifully! Such a handy accessory for heels/sandals that keep your feet from sliding forward.
- Favorite laundry purchase under $15 – I recently bought a second set of these large mesh laundry bags because the first set I bought last year were so helpful. I use them for washing delicates, but I especially love using them to identify clothes I don’t want to throw in the drier. As I move clothes from the washer to drier, I easily notice the mesh bags and set them aside to hang. Such an easy hack that keeps me from accidentally throwing certain clothes in the drier.
- Podcasts – For Prince Harry fans, he was interviewed on Armchair Expert and shared about his experience growing up and more; if you’re in the mood for something funny & a fan of Seth Rogen, he was recently on Conan O’Brien’s podcast; and this interview of Alexi Pappas, the Greek-American Olympic runner, was a unique look at such a talented athlete.
- Favorite eco-friendly purchase – I’ve been *loving* using this reusable notebook! If you’re a list-maker like me, it’s so handy. I write my grocery list on the back page, then just wipe it with the included cloth and a little water when I’m done – and it’s ready to be used again. Unlike dry-erase, it doesn’t smudge (after about a minute) so I have pages of random lists in it that haven’t smudged. Definitely one of my favorite purchases in a long time & love that it helps me use less paper!
- For lots of reasons, my husband and I haven’t been able to go out to dinner together in a long time – but we recently went out for a sweet anniversary dinner and it was such a great time! (And also reminded me that even though it’s often challenging to make it happen with a toddler, it’s so worth it!) I always love a great meal out with my husband – and I’m so looking forward to doing this more. Also excited to take our toddler with us in the future… I hope he enjoys a good meal out as much as we do. 😉
- Favorite summer staple – Last year I bought this lightweight & quick dry tank top for hot summer days when I’m either playing outside with the munchkin or going for a walk/run. I love the breathable material & how it helps me stay cool – so much so that I just re-ordered it in more colors.
- I’ve recently been eating out more than usual between a weekend trip with my mom plus our anniversary dinner, and I was looking for something to calm my stomach in case all the eating out or large portions messed with my stomach – and these digestive enzymes worked so well! I just take one or two after a meal and my stomach feels so good & so comfortable. Especially for events like an anniversary dinner when the last thing I want is to not feel good, this has been really great added assurance. I’ll definitely be bringing this with me to future dinners! (I got the recommendation from nutritionist Kelly Leveque who interviewed the founder on her wellness podcast).
- Weekend trip with my mom 🎉 I recently got to take a weekend trip with my mom to celebrate her retirement, and it was so much fun! Like so many, it’s been a long time since I’ve had the chance to get away to rest and recharge a little… and well, it was such a treat and so fun to spend the extra time with my mom. Especially as I get older, I think more and more about how to spend quality time with my mom and closest loved ones, and this was definitely a fun & special way to do that.
As always, thank you all so much for continuing to read Confetti & Sunshine! I so appreciate all of you reading this blog, sharing your favorite posts with friends, and all your support. Here are this month’s most popular posts, in case you missed any:
- 3 Inspiring Women Share Their Encouraging Thoughts on Motherhood (and a *huge* thank you to the 3 amazing women who contributed to this post!)
- 9 Things I’ve Learned in 9 Years of Marriage
- 5 of My Favorite Blogs + a Favorite App
Hope you had a great May and wishing you a great month ahead!