This weekend, I’m looking forward to a relaxing weekend at home, hopefully lots of time outside hanging out in our yard, and trying to spoil my husband on Father’s Day. Hope you’re in for a good weekend too!
Here’s this week’s list of favorites to help kick-off your weekend…
- Disney+ has officially greenlighted a prequel to Beauty and the Beast! It will be an 8-episode musical series that will star Josh Gad and Luke Evans.
- I just received my monthly Simplified Planner in the mail and it’s so pretty! If you’re looking for a calendar that only has monthly pages – this is a cute option.
- We finally got our backyard deck rebuilt! We are so happy with how it turned out! We used Trex composite decking (so it won’t warp or splinter, and it’s guaranteed for 25 years). We also added wrap-around stairs and it’s worked out great for us and our toddler, plus my husband added some solar lights to the stairs that I *adore*. I’ll do a post soon about all the materials we used in case that’s helpful to anyone else considering working on their deck…
- If you’re into the Enneagram, two podcasts recently took a deep dive into each Enneagram number that I found interesting & helpful. Lead to Win re-released this two-part podcast, and That Sounds Fun with Annie F. Downs is doing a week-by-week deep dive into each Enneagram number as part of their summer series. (FYI – I believe there were a few religious references in these podcasts, so just wanted to mention that beforehand…)
- This week, we tried a few different toddler activities that my son really liked. I finally got to take him to a kids‘ pool for the first time, and he loved it! It was so great to see him splashing around excitedly. Glad to know that this summer, taking him to the pool will be a fun, regular activity for him! The other activity I discovered he likes is gardening. I recently needed to trim down a shrub we’re removing to put in some flowers – and my son was super into it. He found a branch I trimmed and played with that for a long time – and overall just seemed to enjoy watching and pretending to do similar things. If you have a toddler and like me you’re normally not much of a gardener, definitely recommend trying some gardening with them because it can be a fun activity for them plus an easy way to entertain them. 😉
Hope you have a great weekend!