Today’s Friday Favorites is a special edition – a round-up of some of the best finds from February! Hope you find some great things in this list as you head into the weekend…
- If you’re into health & fitness, highly recommend this list of fit-tech awards by Women’s Health. Though this list is from 2020, it’s hands-down one of the best lists I’ve come across for all things fitness. It’s so good! (There’s also some interesting finds in the 2021 Women’s Health Fitness Awards Winners list here.)
- Bookshop! I went into detail about Bookshop in this post, but it’s become one of my favorite finds this month, and is such a good way to support local/independent bookstores. I just ordered my first book through them (I pre-ordered The Hill We Climb by the incredibly talented Amanda Gorman). Highly recommend if you’re looking to support a local/independent bookstore.
- My favorite kitchen purchase under $5 this month has been this hook for hanging spray bottles under the kitchen sink. Such a random purchase, but makes nightly wipe-downs of kitchen countertops quicker & easier! (I got the idea from this video made by one of my favorite YouTubers in case you’re looking for similar organizing ideas.)
- If you’re in the mood to look at some pretty spring dresses, this article by the Knot was fun to look through! Even though I’m not going to a wedding anytime soon, it was fun to see and got me excited for spring. 😉
- My favorite eco-friendly purchase this month is the ‘kitchen cloth’ (E-cloth, Amazon) by E-cloth, an environmentally-friendly cleaning line I’ve loved for years. This microfiber is especially great for kitchen counters b/c it’s got a handy scrubber built into a corner. Definitely a great product and company if you’re looking to make an easy swap to something a little more eco-friendly. (You can visit http://confettiandsunshine.com/ecloth to get $10 off your first $25 order if you’re interested.)
- To All The Boys: Always & Forever on Netflix. This was my favorite movie watched in February. I won’t give any spoilers away for anyone who hasn’t seen it – I’ll just say I *loved* watching it and it was my favorite of all three in the series. Highly recommend if you’re in the mood for something sweet to watch.
- Family walks with our toddler – I never thought I’d love something as simple as a walk so much, but it’s become one of my favorite things that we do as a family. It’s a sweet time for the three of us – and so fun watching my little guy as he tries to chase down a leaf blowing in the wind, or hearing his giggles as he shuffles up our hill. Highly recommend if you have a little one!
- Favorite Costo find – Costco has Chilean sea bass this month! It’s the first time I’ve seen it at our local Costco, and the price and quality was really good. It ended up being part of our Valentine’s dinner and was so yummy! Not sure if they’re going to keep it around for long – so if you stop by there soon, definitely worth checking out if you’re into seafood.
- Podcasts: 1.) If you’re in the mood for something mostly light and fun, this Armchair Expert interview with Salma Hayek was exactly that. 2.) If you’re in the mood for an inspiring conversation, this interview with Jamie Kern Lima, founder of IT Cosmetics, was really moving – especially the QVC story she told. 2.) If you’re looking for a some inspiration to stay on track with any new habits or resolutions, Podcast 314: Re-Engage with Your Resolutions, a Hack for Helping People to Give Gifts, an Outdoors Demerit, and Why Humor Is Such a Powerful Tool at Work and in Life from Happier with Gretchen Rubin has some easy ideas to help habits stick.
- Here’s a peak at what’s coming to Netflix in March: a documentary about Biggie (March 1), Amy Poehler’s Moxie (March 3), Michelle Obama’s kid series Waffles + Mochi (March 16), Season 3 of Formula 1 (March 19) and more!
And lastly, truly one of my favorites of the month…
- All of you!!! I started sharing this blog in mid-January, and I’m so excited and thrilled that this blog had over 400 pageviews in January! And closing in on nearly double that for February! Thank you all so much for following along and reading this blog. It’s truly such a treat for me to create, and I hope you’re enjoying reading it as much as I enjoy writing it.
Wishing you a great weekend & month ahead!