DISCLOSURE: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, MEANING I RECEIVE A COMMISSION FOR PURCHASES MADE THROUGH THOSE LINKS, AT NO COST TO YOU. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Reading books to a baby/toddler is such a fun experience when they find some favorites they’re excited about. I love watching my son giggle in anticipation as I get to his favorite part of some of his most beloved books!
Since reading together can be such a fun activity, I wanted to share 5 books that my toddler has loved. Hope you find a few new favorites for your little one!
- Little Monkey Calms Down (Amazon, Bookshop) – This is a cute story about a monkey that gets upset after accidently dropping his ice-cream, who then learns how to calm himself down. Our son loves the monkey in this book and has since he was much younger, so this has been a book we’ve read often! Sweet pictures and a helpful message too.
- Goodnight, I Love You (Amazon, Bookshop) – We used to read this to our son every night before bed from around the time he was one. He loves the rhyming in this book, plus the pictures always captivated him. Caroline Jayne Church has written lots of books that our son has loved – and this is probably his favorite of them all.
- Peek-A-Who (Amazon, Bookshop) – I can’t even begin to count the number of times my husband and I have read this to our son! It’s likely best for kiddos on the younger side (I think we started reading this to him around 1) and it’s fun because it’s a cut-out book that little ones love to flip through. This was definitely one of our son’s favorite books for a long, long time!
- Rainbow Bath! (Amazon, Bookshop) – Our son likes to flip through a book during bath time while playing with a few other toys – and this waterproof book has been great for that. Since we only bring this book out during bath time, he really looks forward to it. A fun addition to bath time!
- 5 Little Monkeys (We own this version, but this is the same story & likely easier to get a hold of) – Our son loves this book! It’s such a fun one… especially because we always tickle him at the part when the doctor calls the mama … so he starts to giggle in anticipation every time we get close to that part. A fun classic!
Reading with our son has been a fun and sweet way to connect. I’m so looking forward to seeing what favorites he discovers next – and so glad there are lots of great options out there!
Hope you found some fun new books to try!
Leave a Reply